Electrolysis Required Practical Quiz
Answer the questions below.
For each item, select an option. When finished, click the "Done" button.
1. What do we call electrodes that do not react?
2. Before adding chemicals what should you do with the electrodes?
3. What are the electrodes connected to?
4. What can the gases at the electrodes be collected in?
5. What effect does Chlorine have on litmus paper?
6. What is the test for Hydrogen gas?
7. If the metal is more reactive than Hydrogen what is formed at the cathode?
8. At the anode what is formed if there is a halide?
9. Which ions go to the anode?
10. Why should you not touch clean electrodes?