Food Tests Required Practical Quiz
Answer the questions below.
For each item, select an option. When finished, click the "Done" button.
1. Why does the food need to be ground up with a pestle and mortar?
2. What is used to test for sugar?
3. What colour does the solution change to if sugar is present?
4. What is used as a test for protein?
5. If starch is present what colour does iodine become?
6. If lipids (fats) are present what happens in the Sudan III stain test?
7. After mixing the ground food with distilled water what should you do before testing?
8. At what temperature should the water bath be set for the Benedict’s test?
9. What colour are Benedict’s and Biuret solutions before testing?
10. Why must goggles be worn through the tests?