IV Characteristics Required Practical Quiz
Answer the questions below.
For each item, select an option. When finished, click the "Done" button.
1. If the I-V graph shows an ‘s’ shape what sort of resistor is being used?
2. If the I-V graph shows a straight line passing through the origin what sort of resistor is being used?
3. If the I-V graph shows only a line in the top half what sort of resistor is being used?
5. When testing a resistor in the circuit how is the voltmeter placed?
6. What is an ohmic conductor?
7. If you are testing a diode and you cannot read any current what should you do?
8. Why does a diode allow a flow of current in one direction only?
9. Why does a filament lamp have a varying resistance?
10. How can you check the current in the reverse direction?